Logistics and Warehouse Administrator Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Logistics and Warehouse Administrator Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Logistics and Warehouse Administrator
- Logistics – Logistics Manager
- Warehousing – Regional Technical Manager
Our Client is in the refrigeration equipment and supplies business.
They seek to hire a qualified and experienced logistics and warehouse administrator who will be responsible for deliveries, post-delivery reporting, inventory management, warehouse administration and fleet management.
The position shall be based in Nairobi.
- Receive delivery requisition from user departments for proper planning and forward the preparation sheet to Technical department.
- Forwarding the filled unit prep to Finance a day before delivery for documents processing.
- Print out and explain the route plan to drivers/ technicians prior to delivery.
- Confirm and allocate delivery vehicle and technician as indicated in the delivery schedule.
- Plan with Accounts for the relevant documents to be prepared and received at least a day before the planned delivery.
- Issue all relevant delivery documents to the delivery team (Invoice, Delivery Note, Delivery Schedule and any other document required).
- Coordinate with Technical Department to allocate a Technician for the canter deliveries where required.
- Coordinating loading of coolers/spares at the warehouses with emphasis on the correct models
- Ensure the coolers are correctly labelled for delivery.
- With the help of Finance- Accounts Payable, plan for relevant casuals to load/offload cargo at the warehouse and at the Customer’s premises.
- Planning and issuing delivery cash requisition after receipt of the delivery schedule.
- Giving advise where 3rd party transport should be used.
- Follow up on documentation after deliveries – Signed waybills, Delivery Notes & Invoices.
- Maintain all delivery reports and communicate the same to relevant user departments.
Corporate Inventory Deployment Management
- Assisting Finance Department in maintaining updated stock records for corporate clients after delivery of a phase.
- Responsible for arrangement of corporate coolers in the warehouse.
- Ensure that all warehouse processes are adhered to for optimal utilization of space.
- Responsible for safety of the warehouse by ensuring policy compliance for both staff and guests.
- Responsible for warehouse access and keys.
- Responsible for maintenance requirements of the warehouse and reporting any incidences of damage.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts to reconcile with the data storage systems.
- Comply with local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislations.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by enforcing standards and procedures that comply with the legal requirements.
- Confirm warehouse space before arrival of import cargo.
- Plan and oversee loading and offloading of coolers and spares into the warehouse.
- Send the filled and signed GRN to confirm receipt of stocks to the warehouse.
- Responsible for arrangement of coolers with the help of technical department.
- Assisting with fleet management for fleet stationed at Sanded Industrial Park, Mlolongo.
- Determining safety of company vehicles by keeping weekly records of vehicle safety checklist and reporting any incidences of damage.
- Keep tabs of next services and insurance renewal dates for all vehicles and motorbikes and communicate the same to the Logistics Manager for the next action.
- Keep weekly records for vehicle and motorbikes usage and share the same with Management.
- Maintain weekly fuel reports, reconcile fuel receipts and share monthly fuel report with the management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in purchasing and supplies management.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a reputable institution.
- Minimum 3 years of similar experience in busy environment.
- Good understanding of warehousing, principles and procedures.
- Experience in stock control and dispatch planning.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods as well as solid experience in inventory management.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality management process.
- Knowledge of materials control and inventory management.
- Experience in fleet management is necessary.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Cross-departmental professional collaboration in a team (team player).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Very good communication and organization skills.
- High energy, aggressive and enthusiasm.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Logistics & Warehouse Coordinator) to firstname.lastname@example.org on before, 10th January 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
For more details visit: www.excelwiseconsultants.co.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.