Maersk Tea Warehouse Supervisor Job 2022
Career Kenya: Maersk Tea Warehouse Supervisor Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Tea Warehouse Supervisor Job, Current Logistics Jobs In Kenya,
The warehouse supervisor will own all accountability for shipping, receiving, storage, yard, or quality functions of assigned shift and assures timely and accurate processing of all tea cargo as well as planning staffing requirements based on timely schedules as planned with the customer.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
– Customer Service Delivery
– Achieving results through influence & partnership
– Working in an integrated Operation team and teamwork & cooperation (relationship building)
– Interpersonal skills (impact & influence) and Client Management & Communication skills
– Telephone Skills and Continuous Improvement Techniques
– Knowledge of the clients supply chain and Managing multiple objectives and priorities
– Time management and Interactions within large culturally diverse multinationals
- Oversee the running of the warehouse and company logistics as well as reporting directly to senior management.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the organization
- Implement appropriate safety guidelines and investigate injuries or unsafe conditions
- Provide assistance in warehouse space utilization by designing facility layouts to achieve maximum storage efficiency
- Develop delivery schedules and drop shipment strategies and maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel
- Prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary
- Effectively manage business relationships and liaise closely with customers and clients to ensure satisfaction scores is maintained.
- Developing and forwarding forecasts and estimates to senior management.
- Set and monitor departmental budgets as well as prepare reports for management.
- Oversee stock levels, distribution and logistics planning for four offshore contract warehouses as well as one national warehouse.
- Manage key supplier and service provider relationships, including transport, shipping, raw materials, gas, CHEP pallets, packaging and consumables.
- Identify & deliver operational cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives.
- Supervise the timely dispatch of orders and ensure a high level of quality control.
- Oversee optimum operational safety and adherence to organizational standards and guidelines.
- Schedule all projects for the month and keep a detailed inventory of equipment and supplies at all facilities and warehouse.
- Negotiate pricing with local carriers.
- Review existing processes and implement new methods and procedures when required.
- Coordinate warehousing duties including pick, pack, inwards, inventory, stock take, cycle count and dispatch.
Who we are looking for
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience
- Strong experience in the ‘tea’ market is required.
- Excellent Stakeholder management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Cost conscious and optimization mindset.
- Good Process understanding & digital proficiency.
- Strong execution mindset.
How to Apply