Manager-Cards at I&M Bank
Career Kenya: Manager-Cards at I&M Bank
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
The position is responsible for growing Card Business in line with the Bank’s overall card strategy. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s card business is in compliance with Visa and MasterCard rules, CBK’s prudential guidelines and that risk controls are in place.
The Job holder will report to the Senior Manager-Bank Products and will be responsible for:
- Implementing defined Bank’s Card Business long-term organizational strategic goals as defined by Management
- Champion the overall card business strategy, tactics, and objectives necessary to deliver on Card Business expectations
- Growing business with an aim of profit improvement and costs management;
- Strategizing and implementing sales and marketing strategies for each card product and achieving agreed business targets.
- Leading and championing new card product development and existing product upgrade
- Setting up external partnerships with service providers, vendors, card processing agencies etc to enhance the features and benefits of our card offering
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with large customer groups and organizations who have bulk card business with us. Making sales presentations to large prospects.
- Implementing adequate risk management and mitigations
- Implementing effective card operations structures and systems (processes and procedures) to achieve compliance with Bank’s policies, Regulator’s guidelines and Payment Schemes’ regulations.
- Forging a strong and effective relationship management with customers, Bank’s supporting departments and Card Payment Schemes (Visa, MasterCard and others).
- Providing strong and strategic unit leadership, which translates into a conducive work environment and employee satisfaction, staff development and performance management
- Developing budgets to ensure cost containment.
- In liaison with ICT, ensuring system uptime to support business (Channel availability).
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters of Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- In-depth knowledge of card business with 10 years’ experience with above 4 years in managerial level and end-to-end product ownership
- Good understanding of card risk management and credit risk management for credit cards
- Decision making;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level; and
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills,
- Communication skills,
- Negotiation skills,
- Organizational skills,
- People management skills,
- Time management,
- Sound judgment
Skills and Attributes
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong leadership and people-management skills;
- Strong negotiation skills; and
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Strong competencies in financial analysis and report writing skills is essential
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.