Managing Director – East Africa at Ghabbour Auto 2019
Career Kenya: Managing Director – East Africa at Ghabbour Auto 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
GB Auto is a leading automotive company in the Middle East and North Africa and non-bank financial services provider in Egypt.
With seven primary lines of business across four major markets in the MENA, GB Auto has a strong operational footprint in key markets and sectors throughout the region, with plans to expand into new geographical areas. The company has grown from an automotive player to a fully diversified company with a host of non-cyclical businesses that add significant value to the group. It is focused on automotive assembly, manufacturing, sales and distribution, financing and aftersales services, which includes vehicle servicing and related products.
GB Auto’s portfolio of partners currently includes Hyundai, Mazda, Geely, Chery, Karry, Bajaj, Marcopolo, Iveco, Volvo, Sino Truck Fuso, Mitsubishi, SDLG, AKSA, YTO, Gazprom Neft, Lassa, Yokohama, Westlake, Triangle, Diamond Back, Avon, Double Coin, Grandstone, Goodyear, Jumbo, and Monroe. The company also has five non-bank financial subsidiaries, launched with the aim of offering financing options to all client categories, from major corporations and small and medium enterprises, to retail clients and individuals eligible for micro credit.
The main purpose of this role is to direct and control business operations, by giving strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the Company achieves its financial vision, mission and long-term goals.
- Producing and planning strategic operating plans and objectives for the long-term future. Also ensuring all short-term targets have been achieved.
- Administering the operations of the Company pursuant to policies, objectives, Articles of the Company, resolutions of the meeting of shareholders, resolutions of the Board of Directors, resolutions of the Executive Committee, as well as relevant regulations and procedures.
- Agreeing on annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
- Developing and monitoring projects’ budgets to assure organizational efficiency and appropriate resource allocation; manage cash flow.
- Ensuring the company’s strategic objectives and plans which have been set are being met.
- Analyzing and evaluating the efficiency of day to day tasks within the departments and ensuring all objectives are being met.
- Developing Processes to ensure the delivery of timely and high-‐quality products to inform multiple learning venues.
- Issue instructions and carrying out any act as necessary and appropriate in order to satisfactorily carry out the functions, and in the case of an important matter, a report shall be made and/or notice shall be given to the Board of Directors and/or the Executive Committee.
- Granting and/or delegating powers to other persons to perform specific tasks on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Promoting and developing adherence to good conduct, legal compliance, ethics and culture in the Company’s business operations while observing good governance principles.
- Maintaining Continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO Informed of all critical issues.
- Carrying out any other act as entrusted by the Board of Directors and/or Executive Committee.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business Administration (or similar).
- Strong operational experience ideally has of corporate managerial experience in a CEO/Managing Director role for 10+ years preferably in Automotive industry.
- Experience in establishing and managing organizations, preferably in East Africa Region.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, including contract management.
- Manager with exceptional track record of dealing with a broad spectrum of clients.
- Evidence of working with boards and its committees and appreciating the requirements of good governance within the Charity and Corporate sector.
- Experience of working to strict, demanding deadlines in a pressurized environment; experience of managing critical projects to time, budget whilst ensuring impact and value for money.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous process improvement alongside routine business delivery to ensure effective and efficient services including value for money.
- Strong inter-personal, professional and influencing skills, including contract negotiation and management, and an ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong people management skills and experience in leading, performance managing, motivating and developing professional and administrative staff.
- Excellent Judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to re-locate specially to East Africa region.
Interested and qualified? Go to Ghabbour Auto career website on www.linkedin.com to apply