Medical / Surgical Consultants Jobs at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital 2019
Career Kenya: Medical / Surgical Consultants Jobs at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH)
Advertisement for Medical / Surgical Consultants
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation and is registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital.
The Hospital is equipped with state of the art equipment and technology to offer highly specialized services in various disciplines and is seeking to engage medical consultants.
The Hospital is seeking to create a panel of surgical and medical specialists, on part-time basis, who are highly transformative, dynamic and self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism and impeccable capability.
1. Anaesthesiologists (Sub-specialists) – KUTRRH/CONANAE/207
2. Cardiologists – KUTRRH/CONCARD/208
3. Dentists – KUTRRH/CONDENT/209
4. Dermatologists – KUTRRH/CONDERM/210
5. Emergency Medicine Specialists – KUTRRH/CONEM/211
6. ENT Surgeons – KUTRRH/CONENTS/212
7. Family Medicine Specialists – KUTRRH/CONFM/213
8. Gastroenterologists – KUTRRH/CONGASTRO/214
9. General Surgeons – KUTRRH/CONGS/215
10. Hematologists – KUTRRH/CONHEM/216
11. Intensivists – KUTRRH/CONIVS/217
12. Maxillofacial Surgeons – KUTRRH/CONMAX/218
13. Neonatologists – KUTRRH/CONNEON/220
14. Neurologists – KUTRRH/CONNEURO/221
15. Neurosurgeons – KUTRRH/CONNEUROS/222
16. Obstetrician & Gynecologists – KUTRRH/CONOBSGYN/223
17. Oncologists – KUTRRH/CONONCO/224
18. Ophthalmologists – KUTRRH/CONOPTH/225
19. Paediatrician – KUTRRH/CONPAED/226
20. Pathologists – KUTRRH/CONPATHLM/227
21. PET/CT Scan Specialists – KUTRRH/CONPETCT/228
22. Physicians – KUTRRH/CONIM/229
23. Plastic Surgeons – KUTRRH/CONPS/230
24. Radio Pharmacists – KUTRRH/CONRPHARM/231
25. Radiologists – KUTRRH/CONRADIO/232
26. Renal Physician – KUTRRH/CONNEPHR/233
27. Trauma & Orthopedics Surgeon – KUTRRH/CONTORTH/234
28. Urosurgeons – KUTRRH/CONUROS/235
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the consultants will be to:
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations are carried out.
- Undertaking on call duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting ward rounds, clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Conduct medical research
- Training, supervising and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Providing anaesthesia for elective and emergency surgeries/procedures (For Anaesthesiologists)
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Reports.
- Participating in community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to the benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Refer patients to other medical specialists for further diagnosis of complex or unclear disorder or disease within the hospital.
- Establish plan of care for patients, centered on slowing the progress of their disease or disorder, and incorporate diet and lifestyle changes, as well as monitored medications within or without the hospital.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
a) Minimum level of academic qualifications required:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Master of Medicine in one of the stated specialized discipline from a recognized institution
b) Professional qualifications and Compliance required:
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
- Specialist Recognition
c) Minimum level of knowledge required:
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Proven track record of medical research and training
d) Soft skills required:
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience Required
The job holder is required to have minimum two years working experience as a medical consultant/ specialist in a reputable hospital
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: – JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an equal opportunity employer