Reporting to the County Executive Committee Member in-charge of Finance and Economic Planning, the County Chief Officer, Finance and Economic Planning, shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer in respect of delegated power and shall be responsible for the administration
of Finance and Economic Planning Department as provided under Section 46 of the County Government Act, 2012.
- General Administration and Coordination of Finance and Planning Department;
- Development and implementation of County Integrated Development Plan (CIPD);
- Development and Implementation of Strategic Plans and Sector Development Plans;
- Promotion of National Values and Principles of Public Service and good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Development and implementation of Financial Policies and Sector Plans to attain Vision 2030;
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation of budget estimates, annual work plan and programmes.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a holder of first degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Be a holder of CPA (K)
- Be a Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya(ICPAK);
- Masters degree in Administration/ Management or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage;
- Must have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years in Administration and Financial Management;
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act 2012;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of County Development Objectives and Vision 2030;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Public Service and Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Must be conversant with Computerized Accounting Packages.
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400 Migori- Suna
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People living With Disabilities (PWDs) and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
- Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
- Migori County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.