Mobile WACh NEO Study Nurses Jobs in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Mobile WACh NEO Study Nurses Jobs in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Mobile Solutions for Neonatal Health and Maternal Support (Mobile WACh NEO), an mHealth trial studying the effect of mobile phone interactive SMS dialogue on neonatal health, essential newborn care, care seeking, and maternal mental health is seeking Study Nurses.
Objective of this Position: To conduct study duties for an RCT study of mothers and infants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discuss study procedures and conduct screening with facility clients to assess interest in and eligibility for participation in the research study.
- Perform the informed consent processes, obtain written and/or verbal consent for research procedures and document the consent process as needed.
- Input/Record data per approved Standard Operating Procedures in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Develop a database of information on neonatal health, family planning and maternal health
- Respond to patient SMS communication daily and as per the SOP and referring participants to appropriate care as needed.
- Update SMS system with patient information
- Maintain proper communication between study site, study coordinator and Study Primary Investigator (PI).
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites (for example, study forms)
- Submit daily summary of study progress to the study coordinator, Study (PI) or co-Investigators and suggest any improvements to the study procedures as appropriate
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for the conduct of research, privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Submit summaries of recruitment and enrolment to the study coordinator
- Attend regular meetings with the study PI and/or Study coordinator to discuss study progress and activities
- Provide support for non-research activities at the facility.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Registered Nurse/Higher Diploma in nursing
- Interest in maternal, child and neonatal health
- At least two years research experience post internship
- Trained in computer skills
- Previous experience in the use of mobile phones for data collection and communication
- Held a previous position in Maternal and Child Health
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate regularly with PI and study coordinator via email and Skype
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
- Flexibility in the job location and start period.
Applications must include the following:
- Completed online application form (CLICK HERE to access)
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and email contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email: email@example.com by 15th January 2020