Mobile WACh NEO Study Retention Officers Jobs in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Mobile WACh NEO Study Retention Officers Jobs in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Mobile Solutions for Neonatal Health and Maternal Support (Mobile WACh NEO), an mHealth trial studying the effect of mobile phone interactive SMS dialogue on neonatal health, essential newborn care, care seeking, and maternal mental health is seeking Study Retention Officers.
Objective of this Position: To conduct study duties supporting nurse and participants for an RCT study of mothers and infants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Describe the study to women attending MNCH and conduct screening with facility clients to assess interest in and eligibility for participation in the research study.
- Assist study nurses with recruiting and enrolling participants into the study and other related study procedures.
- Input/Record data per approved Standard Operating Procedures in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Respond to patient SMS communication when necessary and as per the SOP and referring participants to appropriate care as needed.
- Assist with translation of SMS messages and study documents.
- Maintain proper communication between study site and study coordinator
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites (for example, study forms)
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research, privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data including supporting the informed consent process.
- Submit summaries of recruitment and enrolment to the study coordinator and suggest any improvements to the study flow as appropriate.
- Provide support in active tracing and retention of study participants in the study including home visits.
- Attend regular meetings with the Study coordinator to discuss study progress and activities
- Provide support for non-research activities at the facility.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Higher Diploma/Diploma in social work/Community Health or a related field.
- Familiar with Maternal and Child Health needs of the community
- Experience working in the community
- Interest in maternal, child and neonatal health
- At least two years research experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent use of mobile phones for data collection and communication
- Held a previous position in Maternal and Child Health
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate regularly with study coordinator via email and Skype
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Luo
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
- Flexibility in the job location and start period.
- Ability to input data into Android phone system
- Must have up to date certificate in Human Subjects.
Applications must include the following:
- Completed online application form (CLICK HERE to access)
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email: email@example.com by 15th January 2020