Monarch Insurance Legal Manager Job in Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Monarch Insurance Legal Manager Job in Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our client, The Monarch Insurance Company Limited is a leader in the insurance sector with over 30 years’ experience in insurance service providing tailored products in both general and life insurance.
They are looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the General Manager – General Insurance Business, the Legal Manager will be responsible for effective and efficient management of the Legal unit.
- Supporting the organization in managing legal risk by proactively researching & responding to various issues affecting the business.
- Leading in development and implementation of the legal strategy in order to minimize loss ratio and stock as per the set target
- Ensuring timely preparation of defense strategies and witnesses for liability & fraud matters; and that assigned staff are able to dismiss these matters in court.
- Reviewing and advising management on legal implications of internal policies, procedures and other documents and ensuring that they are compliant with all statutory or legal requirements
- Preparing all legal documentation including legal drafts, contracts, leases and formal agreements
- Managing litigious cases to ensure that all matters are handled efficiently and cost effectively contract negotiation
- Advising on the adequacy of claims reserves, reviewing the files and placing the correct reserves for all legal claims
- Ensuring the Company operates within the laid down regulations and guidelines as far as claims are concerned
- Ensuring that all contracts that the organization is entering into are negotiated within time and all the concluded contract are entered into the organization contract register
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Law Degree
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- At least 6years’ experience in the insurance claims handling
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry
- Knowledge in insurance products and services.
- Knowledge of claims management/handling.
- Knowledge of insurance industry laws and court processes
- Knowledge of IRA, KRA and AKI regulations
- Good MS Office skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “LEGAL MANAGER” by Wednesday, 5th February 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.