National Bank Network Engineer Job in Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: National Bank Network Engineer Job in Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Network Engineer
Job Ref No. HR/015/2021
1 Available Position
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Senior Networks Manager
Position Scope: The role holder will be expected to manage, support and ensure availability, performance and capacity of network & telephony resources. He/she will be expected to work within the services level agreements to ensure exceptional network service experience.
- Establish a planning process for review of performance, secure, quality and capacity of the network & telephony infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot network traffic engineering using BGP/OSPF/EIGRP and large-scale network operations and maintenance procedures.
- Analyse networks and troubleshoot network bugs to successfully mitigate large scale issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers, as well as upgrade software on routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers on a large-scale network.
- Conceptualize large scalable network solutions, write applicable acceptance and design documentation while implementing on a reduced time scale.
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Work closely with our software developers to fully automate operations
- Supervise IT contractors/vendors handling network equipment and installations to ensure value for money
- Provide support, monitor and respond to all queries assigned, investigations, correspondence and ensure closure of the same within service level agreements.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Escalation of items/ any exceptional matters arising as per escalation matrix.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by my Line Manager from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Route & Switch), CCNA Security, CCNP (Route & Switch).
- Cisco Certification – CCNP Data Center and or Collaboration will be an added advantage
- Certification in any Linux flavours will also be an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in Networks Engineering or related occupations of Network Development Engineer
- Three years of experience must include: IP networking fundamentals and the application of IP protocols; use of protocols and technologies, including DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control)
- One year of experience to include, HTTP; experience with either Python or PERL scripting.
- Experience in Documentation, coordination and the deployment of manual and automated tests for complex systems – experience with DNAC will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Thursday, 17th June 2021.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.