National Bank Relationship Managers (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene – WASH) Jobs in Kenya 2022
Career Kenya: National Bank Relationship Managers (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene – WASH) Jobs in Kenya 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Relationship Managers – Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
Job Ref No. HR/075/2022
Available positions: Two (2)
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Head, NBK WASH Program
Position Scope: The job holder will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a portfolio of WASH clients within the sector ecosystem and onboarding relationships that will drive growth in revenues, Assets & Liabilities, customer numbers and value propositions that impact on improving water and sanitation to the communities within NBK area of operation.
- Ensure Growth of the portfolio of existing WASH clients both in asset and liabilities.
- Work towards Increase products uptake for existing and new relationships in WASH.
- Product development and improvement of existing products.
- Growth in revenue from joint programs of revenue share on collections, Lending and smart metering.
- Onboarding new WSPS (Public & private) targeting 50% of entire water ecosystem.
- Maintain good WASH portfolio of client’s good utilization of bank products.
- Develop new relationships with billing/ERP system providers for integrations of payment/collection systems.
- Manage stakeholders’ relationship in water and sanitation: Water services providers Association (WASPA), Water service trust fund (WSTF), Smart metering companies, among others.
- Liaison with development Partners in water and sanitation; Water.org, Aqua for All, KPWF and Finish Modial etc.
- Process and policy review for on boarding Partners in water and sanitation.
- Relationship management to target market in water sector-WSP. RWA and private water and sanitation service providers.
- Acquire new partners from development world to support financing program through debt, guarantee, technical assistance etc.
- Manage existing partners with reports, monitoring & Evaluation, projects implementation and overall budgetary control.
- Maintain profitable relationships and collaboration with local water regulators/ sector players.
- Training bank staff championing water and sanitation sectors in their branches.
- Representing the bank in all conferences and forums for water and sanitation by our partners and stakeholders.
- Full compliance to and application of established policies, processes and tool for efficient service delivery.
- Reduce and mitigates risk associated with various business segment guided by credit policies, CBK regulatory requirements and KYC plus AML policies.
- Make financing proposals through the appropriate Credit approval process by structuring proposals, analysing financials statements, negotiating terms and conditions for facilities.
- Managing administrative tasks including credit analysis and processing, reporting, preparing work plans in line with Partners and bank terms of engagement.
- Monthly and Quarterly reports to partners in Water sectors.
- Attend all WASH related activities including seminars, marketing where the bank and collaborating partners are involved.
- Develop appropriate marketing material for WASH enterprises.
- Link to the branch and WASH value chain to have market activations to mine available business.
Education, Professional Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management, or related field.
- Masters’ Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum banking experience of eight (8) years with good credit analysis experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience closely working with development partners/Donors or NGOs.
- At least two (2) years experience in WASH environment in financing, advocacy or civil society.
- Appreciation of compliance with relevant regulatory bodies.
- Good understanding and practical experience dealing with WASH regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and team player.
- The ability to work in a team and individually.
- Sound decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative and open to new ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good commercial acumen.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by Wednesday, 28th September 2022.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.