National Customer Solutions Manager at Kuehne + Nagel
Career Kenya: National Customer Solutions Manager at Kuehne + Nagel
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Grade: Manager
Reporting to: The Chief Operations Officer
Place of Work: 9-11 Markets In East Africa
Direct Reports: None
Reporting to the BIDCORO COO, the Export Manager Trading Markets is ultimately responsible for all Export Sales, Distribution & profitability within the defined export markets in BIDCORO.
A Trading Market is a market where we are selling to (10 to 12, 20 f. containers per year) and not investing in a lot. The aim is to make/grow a trading market to become a “Core” Export market (+ 60 containers per year)
The Export Manager Trading Markets is responsible for all development, planning and execution of all sales, marketing, trade marketing & distribution strategies/budgets and plans within all relevant export Trading markets for BIDCORO.
In this role, what would success look like:
A successful person would within 3 to 5 months have established 4 to 6 running trade markets with successful partners in each market. He/She would have demonstrated a high self-discipline and big drive / energy to win every month. He/She have demonstrated strong capabilities in working together with the BIDCORO Export Support team and that He/She can use our processes & structures to win in each market in a professional & profitable way.
Position’s Strategic Purpose:
- To find & stabilize new Export Markets for BIDCORO in a profitable way.
- To grow & maintain growth of Sales Volumes, Gross Profit and price & pack in all relevant Trading Markets.
- To manage and grow the full beverage portfolio in line with the overall commercial strategy for BIDCORO in all active export markets
- To review Sales & Market execution performance and take prompt actions to improve/maximize performance
- To develop and execute Export Trading plans in line with the overall strategy for BIDCORO in Africa
- To be build and maintain a strong relationship to all relevant trading markets
- To build trading markets to become Core Export markets for BIDCORO
The Export Manager Trading Markets will be responsible for:
- Find / “Hunt” , build & sell to all relevant Export markets within East Africa.
- Build & maintain a good and strong relationship to relevant export trading markets.
- Build & maintain a market data / insight “fact book” for each trading market.
- Develop and implement the overall export strategy for BIDCORO in East Africa, in line with the overall BIDCORO / CORO regional strategy.
- Develop and manage sales mix & Gross Profit in line with the overall Export strategy.
- Setup relevant distribution targets together with marketing per brand/SKU and secure the right market execution to achieve the targets
Trading Distributor & WS Management
- In relevant export markets, develop and implement a yearly Distributor & WS strategy including a loyalty program with offspring in a WIN/WIN/WIN mindset.
- Track Distributor & WS performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly base.
- Drive and manage monthly review meetings with each Trade Market
Prerequisites – Experience
The successful candidate for the position MUST have obtained the following experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Export of FMCG products within East Africa.
- Have worked with “trading” sales within East Africa and built & maintained a successful relationship in markets / with distributors within East Africa.
- Have worked with brands and in companies that are based on brands.
- Is used to working in an international team with focus on performances and respect for each other.
Skills | Qualification | Education
- Highly motivated of selling, building new relationships and hitting targets
- Ability to independently build and run the daily work.
- Building constructive relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
Additional Personal Competences
In addition to the specific work experience and skills, the candidate should have the personal qualities listed below:
- Selling is the key personal driver. Can sell via Phone, Teams / Skype and face to face as well.
- Sets high standards of performance for him/herself.
- Gets things done on time and without compromising quality.
- Is collaborative in his/her approach to their team, peers, and others.
- Possesses a high-energy level and a passion for making a difference.
- Maintains a high standard of ethics, both professionally and personally.
- Is fair, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Can work & win in many different cultures
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.