NCA Assistant Manager, Legal Services Job 2022
Career Kenya: NCA Assistant Manager, Legal Services Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Assistant Manager, Legal Services Job, Current Legal Jobs In Kenya,
ASSISTANT MANAGER, LEGAL SERVICES – JOB GRADE C4 – ONE (1) POST. REF NCA 07/2022/1
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Corporation Secretary and Head of Legal Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail to: –
- Coordinate preparation of Board agenda and papers by appropriate departments;
- Initiate formulation and implementation of policies, strategies and procedures;
- Coordinate preparation of annual reports of the Authority;
- Maintain effective liaison with advocates for legal opinions, agreements and legal documentation;
- Arrange Board and Committee meetings and communicate resolutions of the Board to the appropriate departments for timely action;
- Liaise with the Authority’s panel of Advocates and the Attorney General’s Office on litigation review;
- Review periodic reports and ensure compliance with local, regional and international instruments;
- Keep custody of the Seal of the Authority, Board & Board Committees documents, original contracts, agreements and any other documents of the Authority;
- Keep and manage records of the Board & Board Committees, original contracts, agreements and documents of the Authority (Custodian);
- Interpret legal legislation pertaining to sector regulations, rules, guidelines and protect legal interests of the Authority;
- Draft contract agreements, securities and advise management on various legal and statutory matters affecting the Authority;
- Draft, review, negotiate and advice the appropriate departments within the Authority on all contracts and agreements to be entered into between the Authority and external parties;
- Manage legal correspondence from external and internal users;
- Initiate and guide conduct of legal and policy research in areas affecting the Authority;
- Undertake arbitration and out of court settlements;
- Attend court on behalf of the Authority as need may be;
- Follow-up and manage court matters;
- Write and interpret legal opinions and contracts; and
- Draw terms of engagement with private legal firms.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this position, an officer must have: –
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which must be in a supervisory role in a comparable organization.
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) degree from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in Law or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Admission to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Membership with the Law Society of Kenya;
- A Current Advocate Practicing Certificate;
- Registered as a Certified Public Secretary (K);
- A Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) in good standing;
- Attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and k)Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals who meet the requirements as indicated above are required to submit their application by downloading and completing an NCA.R.F.1 Form from the Authority’s website http://www.nca.go.ke and submit to the undersigned by email email@example.com or drop it at the 9th Floor, KCB Towers, UpperHill not later than 5.00pm on Friday 19th August, 2022.
All applicants will be required to avail original and copies of the application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV); certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card. Each applicant must also include details of their email address, mobile telephone number, current employer and remuneration as well as names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experiences.
Selected candidates will be expected to provide; valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution.
The Executive Director
National Construction Authority
9th Floor, KCB Towers, Upperhill
P.O Box 21046-00100
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
THE NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER