NGO Programme Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: NGO Programme Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
International Aid Services Kenya is a Christian Faith-based Non-Governmental relief and Development Organization operating and implementing projects in several Counties.
Our projects are in the following: Integrated Water Resource Management, Inclusive Education, Disaster Risk Reduction, Civil Society development and Humanitarian Aid programs.
IAS Kenya is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Reporting to: Country Director
Job Purpose: To lead and Manage all IAS Kenya Programs in all aspects.
Primary working Relations: Country Director, HR /Admin, Finance Manager, Field Coordinators,
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Plan the program- 30%
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Implement program implementation as per the IAS K Strategic plan 2020-2024.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement short/long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop budgets and operating work plan to support the program.
- Together with Resource mobilization team, develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
Organize the program-20%
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- In consultation with the HR, participate in recruitment, well-qualified program staff.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs.
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization.
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer policy.
Lead the program-30%
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Identify staff capacity development needs and make appropriate recommendations to the HR/Management.
- Communicate with partners and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers/head of department to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program- 20%
- Develop monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly management and donor progress reports and or per need.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budgets
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Country Director on a regular basis (quarterly/bimonthly or on demand).
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Ensure Quarterly meetings/reviews of all projects and or when necessary.
- Perform staff appraisal for direct reports.
Desired minimum qualifications & Experience
- At least 6 years of documented Programme management experience
- University Degree, preferably degree in Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, Project Management or other relevant social sciences
- Holders of Master’s degree have an added advantage.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Strong skills in managing a diverse team.
- Experience with program development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning;
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports;
- High proficiency in computer programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype and popular online social media, platforms and mobile apps.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV, clearly quoting “PROGRAMME MANAGER)” as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an urgent position and thus short listing will be done as applications are being received.
The advert will expire immediately we get the right candidates.
Only short listed ones will be contacted.