Norwegian Refugee Council Finance Coordinator Job in Dadaab Kenya today 2013
Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Molo) and Ethiopia (Addis Abeba and Dolo Ado).
Position Vacant: Finance Coordinator – Dadaab
Reporting to: Area Manager
Duty Station: Dadaab
Duration of Contract: ASAP to 31st December 2012 (with possible extension)
Main Responsibilities include:
- Ensure financial management systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to
- Oversee the financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting
- Assist in preparing cash forecasts, maintaining overall budget control and monitoring cash flows and expenditures
- Ensure that all the accounts are reconciled on monthly basis
- Oversee all financial requests made by the projects, and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations are met
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- Monitor and disburse program budgets as per approved expenditures and budget lines
- Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the financial status
- Support Project Managers in budget preparation, revision as well as proposals development
- Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as required by NRC, donors or local authorities
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise Finance Officers
- Degree in Accounting/Financial Management
- A minimum of 5 years experience (experience working in an NGO is desirable)
- Strong computer skills (good knowledge of Excel) and Report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience with multi-donor programmes.
- Experience in personnel management.
Deadline for Applications: 9th March 2012
Applications should be submitted to:
Norwegian Refugee Council,
P O Box 21211-00100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.