One Acre Fund Warehouse Associates Jobs vacancies in Kenya Dec 2012
: Logistics, Management, Auditing
: One Acre Fund
Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is an agricultural non-profit operating in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families grow their way out of poverty.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” including education, finance, farm inputs, health products, and market access.
Our program has proven impact – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure a more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff.
Last season our Kenyan logistics department delivered over 6 million kgs of inputs to our farmers. This season will be even larger!
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sub-locations, districts, and members we serve in each year.
We are seeking Warehouse Associates who will manage our warehouses throughout Western Kenya, tracking inventory and deliveries, managing casuals, keeping materials organized and serving our field operations.
- Inventory Management – managing deliveries and transfers of goods from suppliers and to other warehouses. Responsible for maintaining accurate records using stock cards and an MS Access database.
- Service to Field Operations – Responding promptly to requests for goods, arranging delivery and following up on receipt of goods.
- Input Delivery – Managing the movement and loading of inputs during input delivery, when we deliver agricultural inputs to thousands of clients. Maintaining smooth operations of truck loading, inventory management, reconciliation, and troubleshooting.
- Managing Casual Labor – Working with local casual teams to carry out the tasks required in moving inventory.
- Coordination with Warehouse Owners – Sometimes this job will entail working with warehouse owners to come to agreement in terms of warehouse access and conditions.
During low season, Warehouse Associates will serve as repayment auditors in our field sites. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out the implementation of internal auditing program
- Visiting farmers in the field to compare office records against field records
- Preparing reports on audit findings for sharing with the management team
- Meeting with field teams to communicate report findings
- Identifying areas of concern and following up
If you have skills and experience in these areas, please highlight them in your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that employees are passionate about.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a minimum of three years of work experience and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in Kenya. We are looking for exemplary candidates so please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Strong work experiences. For example, demanding work experience managing inventory or logistics
- Leadership experience at work, including managing a team of people.
- Demonstrated Computer Skills, specifically in using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours during busy season
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Clear written and oral communication
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem-solving
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- High quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Western Province or Nyanza for a long term position
- Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Please highlight the following experience if you have it:
- Product/Inventory distribution across a large geography
- Inventory, warehouse, and/or factory management.
Timeline: Rolling. We will review resumes and conduct interviews until the positions are filled.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com (Subject line: Warehouse Associate + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations