Pharmaceutical Company Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya (70K) 2020
Career Kenya: Pharmaceutical Company Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya (70K) 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Accountant – Pharmaceutical Company
Salary: 60k – 70k
Our client is a pharmaceutical company that seeks to improve accessibility and availability of affordable, quality medication and laboratory & health supplies in the country.
They seek to recruit an efficient accountant who will be tasked with supporting the finance function of the organization.
- Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions.
- Prepare and submit financial reports including weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory, and capital purchases.
- Ensure the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with reporting guidelines.
- Maintain data integrity of financial records including the General and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, Processes and financial performance.
- Review accounting, account analysis and reconciliation (banks, cash, Receivables, and payables).
- Ensure statutory payments are completed and made on time (NHIF, PAYE, NSSF, WHVAT, and WHT), administering VAT and processing returns.
- Update financial records by reviewing and posting various General ledger journal entries with recent transactions and changes.
- Manage the preparation of all management reports
- Ensure timely and professional communication between the Accounting department and internal and external customers.
- Any other duty as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field of study.
- CPA K or an equivalent certification.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an accountant.
- Ability to interpret financial data and communicate this to stakeholders, advising and providing direction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages – QuickBooks
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Integrity is key
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Pharmaceutical Company) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 29th January 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.