Power Governors Limited ICT Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Power Governors Limited ICT Officer Job in Nakuru, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Power Governors Limited is the leading supplier and installer of superior car accessories in East Africa.
PGL is a member of Road Safety Association of Kenya and wishes to recruit an ICT Officer.
Job Ref: HR-PGL-11-20-2019
Contract Time: Full-time
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Developing and updating application systems; Carrying out system analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users
- Overseeing the process of configuration of the information communication technology equipment and associated peripherals
- Maintaining of computer and telecommunications systems
- Performing system administration, network support and installation
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals; Drawing up hardware specifications for ICT equipment; Verifying, validating and certifying of ICT equipment; and Performing any other duties assigned from time to time
- Maintain network, system security and perform daily and weekly backup.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.;
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Administer servers, CCTVs, desktop computers, printers, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, security updates and patches.
- Develop and manage an efficient I.T department, consistent and appropriate with the vision and strategic objectives of the company.
- Maintain and manage I.T vendor and service provider’s relationships efficiently to reduce the effect of total infrastructure collapse.
- Manage all I.T hardware, software and consumables to ensure flawless synergy of resources within the organization.
- Ensure adequate security and safeguard of data base and applications against hackers and viruses
- Any other duty assigned by the management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field,
- Must have strong technical background sufficient to understand the company’s technology and processes
- Strong computer and research skills
- Understand operating standards of current or superior products that are in the range of the company operations
- Knowledge in web design & web development
- Should be residing in Nakuru region.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed resume with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Friday 25th November 2019.
Power Governors Limited is an equal opportunity employer