Procurement Clerk – CL 2022
Career Kenya: Procurement Clerk – CL 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
JOB PROFILE – Procurement clerk – CL
Process all Purchase request by validating the request, obtaining approvals, creating the Purchase orders and expediting all Purchase orders.
KRA / Main Outputs and Responsibilities
Process all Purchase requests.
• Validate request.
• Request for competitive quotes.
• Request for all approvals.
• Procurement clerks creates purchasing orders from various departments within a company and then make these purchases from vendors, as well as write purchase orders and requests for notes. In some jobs, bargaining is necessary in order to obtain materials, products at the best rates. They may also occasionally be responsible for filing warranties and executing them when necessary.
• Complete and submit Capex form for all Capex items.
• Expedite all purchase orders.
• Investigate and vet current and new vendors.
• Make sure they are BEE compliant.
• Build good strong relationships with all vendors.
• Establish alliances with key vendors.
• Make sure that the Procurement policy is always adhered to.
• Ensure the process flow is compliant from every department
• Procurement clerk will simply assist their department in carrying out administrative work, such as retrieving, transmitting, filing, and organizing documents. Strong data entry skills are important in this position, as well
• Liaise with different stakeholders in the business to ensure effective communication is adhered too.
• May also follow up with vendors to determine where the order is within the process, especially if there is a delay. Inventory duties may be necessary in order to determine which supplies within a warehouse or other setting should be reordered. Record-keeping is also an important part of the job, and procurement clerks must be proficient with computers in order to keep records and maintain communication.
• Ensure pricing, reports and costing is accurately delivered when presented to management and completed for monthly payments.
Level of Authority
• Work within the agreed scope of authority.
• Planning timeframe is usually 2 weeks -1 month
The procurement officer works on his/her own and reports to the procurement manager, who reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer within the finance department. He/she is self-motivated and mangers their time according to the prioritized items, requests and demands at large.
3. Skills and Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• High attention to detail with excellent administrative and time management skills.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams at various levels within the organisation.
• Good judgement and decision making
• Good relationship building skills
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Strong interpersonal skills are important in order to work well with vendors and foster relationships with them
4. Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
• NQ4/matric and/or a bachelor’s degree will be advantageous
• Prior procurement experience is necessary for some jobs, while others provide on-the-job training minimum
• 2 years’ experience in Procurement.
• Basic computer literacy. Excel & Pastel an advantage