Procurement Manager Job in Kenya – Meridian Health Group 2022
Career Kenya: Procurement Manager Job in Kenya – Meridian Health Group 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Meridian Health Group is one of the market leaders in quality, cost-effective and accessible health care in Kenya and the East African region.
At the heart of our corporate philosophy is a devotion to patient centered care and service excellence.
We provide effective and efficient care in a safe and welcoming environment.
We seek to recruit competent and qualified individuals in the following capacity:
Job Purpose: The role of the procurement manager will be managing Meridian Health Group’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain.
The position holder will be responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses for MHG.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Procurement team.
- Manage the Procurement Department.
- Provide support and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or equipment to user departments.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others.
- Lead supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation, and tender processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contribute to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives to optimize inventory levels.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supply’s services.
- Manage development and preparation of contracts and ensure all contracts renewals reviews are done on time.
- Prepare appropriate financial, inventory and other reports.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Full professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- A Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management with a valid practicing license.
Other know-how required apart from academic and professional qualifications
Previous relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ procurement experience in a large establishment with 3 years at management level.
- Hospital experience is essential.
- Training in pharmacology or related fields is highly desired.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Organizational, managerial, and administrative abilities
- Ability to get on well with diverse workforce
- Honesty and integrity
- Positive working attitude and ability to give and take instructions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Creativity and innovation
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: email@example.com by close of business 15th May 2022.
Due to urgency in filling the above positions, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.