Product Manager at Roche 2020
Career Kenya: Product Manager at Roche 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities; from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Drives the formulation and implementation of the strategic oncology and specialty goals and implement operational improvements to scale the business and guarantee sustainable growth
- Responsible for directional guidance to determine the broad pillars and areas the Oncology team and specialty team should focus to win
- Drive Oncology and Specialty care portfolio vision to position Roche as the most critical partner in East Africa and in line with corporate objectives
- Ensure robustness and consistency of commercial input in partnership with Market Access and Medical teams, to drive clarity on commercial implications of synergistic relationship between clinical efficacy and market access implications
- Brand Team (Oncology and Specialty) Leader in Cross-Functional Collaboration with Medical/Access/Regulatory & Finance
- Launch Readiness coordinator (LRR and ALP)
- Responsible for launch activities in East Africa region
- Ensure the timely, effective and coordinated launches for products/indications within the affiliate.
- Provide input to Regional Launch readiness coordinators in coordination with brand teams when setting up the affiliate launch activity roadmaps.
- Develop the structure and content of affiliate launch readiness projects in alignment with the affiliate management team and with the respective brand team guidance.
- Monitor the speed, quality and impact of pre-launch affiliate activities. Gives feed-back and initiate corrective actions if necessary.
- Promotes Marketing Capabilities across the commercial organization.
- Provide clear direction for tactical planning and respective implementation phases.
- Optimize the potential future market value of new product /indications opportunities.
- Support creation of account plans and monitor implementation and feedback to the territory manager.
- Lead implementation and ensure execution of the marketing tactics (such as workshops, conferences, CME’s and campaigns)
- Collaborate with territory manager to monitor sales performance on a regular basis in order to review and correct the effectiveness and appropriateness of the product strategy and the on-going achievement of the set sales targets;
- Responsible for products stock forecasting and pricing in collaboration with market access and the Finance department
- Liaise with medical to ensure that medical activities are aligned with commercial strategies
- Train Key Account managers in partnership with medical department and provide them marketing support.
- Work collaboratively with commercial team stakeholders to assess learning & development needs of the group, develop curricula accordingly to align with immediate, medium, and longer term business needs and strategic goals.
- Continuously assesses and evaluates impact and overall effectiveness of program and coordinates stakeholder involvement in training activities.
- Continuously assess needs for key learning & development content/topics/subject matter; providing detailed partner/stakeholder input that helps shape the direction, specific offerings, as well as content and facilitation methods/structure for ultimate design & facilitation.
- Identify new opportunities and strategies that would leverage competitive advantage.
- Ensure correct flow of all products/indications and team communication.
- Guarantee customers satisfaction goals are met.
- Ensure alignment with Roche values across product strategy and overall team members.
- Define appropriate strategy and Annual Brand Plan’s according to local market environment and liaise with regional support center of excellence team.
- Design and conduct market research in collaboration with different parties.
- Forecast marketing expenditures and business plan in collaboration with the commercial director
- Propose KPI’s, benchmark and analyze variations on a monthly basis in collaboration with Business analyst. KPIs to include measurement of marketing message effectiveness and recall.
- Actively promotes existing and developing program offerings while seeking stakeholder advocacy
- Collaborate with Business Analyst to collect market intelligence to strengthen competitiveness
- Ensure follow up with demand planner to avoid shortages and overages
- Coordinate the dissemination of marketing campaigns for product promotion developed by the regional commercial center of excellence team.
- Ensure that planned costs and main business objectives are met.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role
- Ability to demonstrate Roche Values, Leadership Commitments and Roche Core Competencies.
- Technical and business expertise– Applies training or marketing knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area. Proven ability to assimilate technical knowledge and develop messages which can be easily communicated
- Achieving results– Is goal oriented and persistent, accountable for meeting commitments and recognizes contributions of peers.
- Proven ability to partner and communicate with key stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing cross functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility to face new challenges, ability to succeed in a fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- Exceptional collaboration and influence skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding performance objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- Emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to drive the value of products
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to provide effective Feedback and Coaching
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Science. Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- In depth Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market and the scientific and medical environment
- Average of 3 or more years’ Pharmaceutical marketing experience path
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Product Life Cycle Management