Programme Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund 2020
Career Kenya: Programme Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
About Kakuma Kalobeyei Challenge Fund (KKCF)
The KKCF is a competitive financing mechanism for disbursing donor funding to incentivize for-profit companies, social enterprises, and local and refugee entrepreneurs to start or scale existing operations in the Kakuma-Kalobeyei area. Attracting the private sector to the area and supporting local entrepreneurs has the potential to expand job opportunities, improve services, provide more choice, and reduce prices. In turn, this could enhance the self-reliance and socioeconomic integration of both refugee and host communities, while also contributing to the development of Turkana County.
KKCF is a program of International Finance Corporation (IFC) and AECF is the implementing partner.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the overall comprehensive planning and execution of assigned programme activities to ensure that: implementation is on track; performance targets are met; progress reporting is timely and accurate, and resources are utilized in an appropriate manner. As a leader of a team, the role holder must have excellent technical skill and subject matter expertise and serve as a coach to their team.
The role holder will be based in Kakuma in Turkana County with periodic visits to Nairobi.
- Develop, in collaboration with Director Investments Portfolio, programme wide investments/grants management work plans and budgets and deliver against such.
- Lead planning and execution of programmes, including identifying and shortlisting potential investible businesses; conducting and coordinating operational, financial and strategic due diligence reviews and preparing investment memos; reviewing financial models, business plans, and contracting investees; and monitoring performance of funds awarded and ensuring compliance.
- Coordinate programme delivery and performance monitoring including site visits and investee reporting, disbursements and repayments and data verification activities.
- Coordinate capacity needs assessments for the design of Technical Assistance (TA) and Business Development Service (BD) products and monitor delivery of the same.
- Prepare donor reports and coordinate donor reviews.
- Liaise with public and private sector stakeholders.
- Manage, lead, and implement continuous improvement initiatives for grants/investments administration ensuring that solutions align with strategic goals;
- Train portfolio officers on grant/investment making rules, regulations and procedures;
- Lead documentation review and report on program risk and mitigation efforts to the institution.
- Participate in meetings and events that create visibility and a positive image of AECF;
- Graduate/Masters qualification in Finance, Business, Economics, Development Studies, or other relevant fields of study.
- Project Management certification (PMP or Prince 2) (desirable).
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in financial and grants/investments management, with the ability to review, analyze and interpret budgets, financial models, financial statements (including income and expenditure statements and cash reconciliation statements) and audit reports.
- Experience managing projects in conflict-affected and humanitarian settings.
- Previous team management experience.
- Experience managing an IFC funded program is a plus.
- An understanding of the operations of donors and international development organizations.
- Ability to adapt and change delivery course as required, while maintaining focus on the end targets and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills with the ability to prepare proposals, reports and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals, reports and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a National Position and will be based in Kakuma, Kenya
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the ‘ Programme Manager – Kakuma Kalobeyei Challenge Fund (KKCF) AECF/Portfolio 2/2020’, and attach a detailed CV, e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com to be received on or before February 4th, 2020. For more information on AECF, please visit www.aecfafrica.org