Quality Assurance Manager at Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) 2019
Career Kenya: Quality Assurance Manager at Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a faith based, not-for-profit organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya.
It is a registered Trust of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
MEDS was started in 1986 with the core mandate of providing reliable, quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services.
MEDS seeks to recruit suitable self-driven, results oriented and visionary candidate with good professional and ethical standing to fill in position of Quality Assurance Manager.
Reporting to Head of Quality Services, position will be responsible for overseeing implementation of Quality Assurance strategy for MEDS, ensuring the Quality Management System meets requirements of set standards and applicable regulations.
- Oversee implementati on of Quality Management System for compliance with standards subscribed to by the Organization
- Manage supplier and product prequalification programmes to ensure products and services procured by the Organization comply with set standards and are suitable for intended use
- Manage and coordinate handling of quality related incidents for products and services for timely resolution
- Manage quality related risks for business continuity
- Manage budget for Quality Assurance section for accountability
- Manage quality surveillance programme for Health Products and Technologies to assure maintenance of set standards during storage and handling
- Manage Pharmacovigilance system for compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to manage Regulatory Affairs for Health Products and Technologies to address customer requirements
- Train staff on quality related matters for knowledge and skills development
- Demonstrated leadership with a track record of achievements in pharmaceutical industry backed with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality assurance in a relevant field 3 of which in executive management.
- Knowledge of and experience with Good Distribution Practices requirements for Health Products and Technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Holder of Bachelor of Pharmacy degree. Masters degree in Business related field is an added advantage
Additional requirements for the two roles:
- Application with a detailed CV stating current position, current salary, email address and telephone contacts
- Names and contacts of three (3) Referees, (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and one, a Senior Religious Leader)
- Copy of Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of Registration Certificate from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Current Copy of Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
The Managing Director
Mission For Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507
By: Friday 29th November 2019
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted