Quality Assurance Officer – Manufacturing at ATC West Healthcare
Career Kenya: Quality Assurance Officer – Manufacturing at ATC West Healthcare
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER- MANUFACTURING
Our client, in the FMCG sector is hiring a Quality Assurance Officer who will be responsible for assessing and verifying that products meet the set standards. He/she will also be responsible for introducing, maintaining quality and right quantity control procedures.
Job Location: Limuru
The Key areas of responsibility and duties include:
- Assist plant team in setting and maintaining quality objectives and assures plant quality objectives are being met.
- Assist in developing and maintaining new and existing food ingredient specifications.
- Assist in organizing and understanding customer satisfaction based upon product and service performance.
- Works with processing operators in identifying negative quality trends and repetitive defects.
- Develops and maintains documentation such as forms, policies and procedures related to food safety to keep up with changing requirements.
- Knows how to recognize, prevent and alleviate food safety hazards in the food plants.
- Participates in food safety audits.
- Reports processing problems or potential problems immediately to processing operators and QAS
- Follows work practices in Quality Assurance Manual and compares test results to standards.
- Monitors personal hygiene.
- Completes additional projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 2 Plus years of Quality Assurance experience preferably in the food industry
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or related science field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated high level of initiative
- PC Proficiency: Windows, MS Office (or equivalent software)
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situation with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.