Risk & Compliance Officer at Tausi Assurance Company Ltd 2020
Career Kenya: Risk & Compliance Officer at Tausi Assurance Company Ltd 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Ref: TAS/HR/RK/ADV/2722/2020
Job Summary: The jobholder will be responsible for carrying out risk assessments to analyze areas of potential risk and make appropriate recommendations and reports.
Job Description: This role is key in supporting the Risk Management function of the Company under the guidance of the Risk Manager.
The position holder will report to the Risk Manager.
- Assist in formulation, update and implementation of the Company’s Risk and Compliance Framework and Policies.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement through leveraging on technology and systems to support the risk management process in the organization.
- Assist in development of robust key risk indicators on risk factors for monitoring and reporting of risk exposures.
- Monitor implementation of action plans by the Management to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Continuously evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Monitor the organization’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Enforce, implement and train staff on Company risk exposures, policies and procedures.
- Conduct continuous risk reviews on operations and implementation the Company’s strategic plan and present ideas through reports and presentations outlining findings and providing recommendations on mitigating potential risks.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly reports on risk identification and assessment for issuance to the Company’s Board Risk Management Committee.
- Keep abreast of on-going regulatory, macro and micro-economic developments and provide advice with regards to potential/emerging risk areas.
- Participate in creation, testing and review of the Company business continuity plans to limit risks.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Competences
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Statistics. A degree is mandatory.
- At least 2 years’ experience preferably audit/risk/compliance related functions.
- Accreditation in risk management is an added advantage
- Strong computer skills
- Strong oral and written Communication skills
- Strong Relationship building skills
- Managing change, ambiguity & challenge the status quo
- Ability to execute and monitor strategic initiatives
- Strong customer focus-internal and external
- Strong self-management and people development
- Strong problem solving capability
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Report and minutes writing skills
- People management
- IT skills
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document with names of and addresses of three referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 7th February, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.