Sacco Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2022
Career Kenya: Sacco Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our Client, a medium-size urban Sacco in Nairobi wishes to recruit an Accountant.
Primary Responsibility: The Accountant reports to the Sacco Manager and is responsible for accounting duties, including maintaining books of accounts, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, ensuring prudent financial management and advising management and the Board of Directors on all financial matters of Sacco.
Reports to: Sacco Manager
- Ensuring timely banking and also posting bank deposit, check-off, paybill transactions, standing orders, direct debits
- Coordination of the budgeting process
- Maintain updated fixed assets register.
- Reconcile bank, Petty Cash, Mpesa and Paybill accounts
- Filing of tax and other statutory deductions within set timelines.
- Payroll Processing.
- Processing of all payments.
- Processing of direct debits on the due dates.
- Ensure loans are correctly appraised, registered and posted in the system and are being repaid.
- Invoice the checkoffs, capture repayment and link the individual income items in the system.
- Audit the GL accounts and correct any erroneous posting in the system.
- Ensuring the chart of accounts adequately captures all the GLS
- Interim and Final Audit preparation.
- Recommend viable investment options and capture investments in the system.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for relevant committees and Board.
- Preparation and submission of SASRA report within the set timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in business related area from a recognized University and CPA
- Four (4) years’ experience at similar level in Sacco or financial institution,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong organization and planning skills as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assigned tasks within the set timelines
- Computer proficiency and working with Microsoft Navision is an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae and details of current remuneration package by 17th May 2022 to: email@example.com.