Save the Children Job in Nairobi Kenya today 2013
We’re outraged that millions of children are still denied proper healthcare, food, education and protection and we’re determined to change this.
Regional Advocacy Advisor
Position based in Nairobi
We are currently looking for a Regional Advocacy Advisor for the East Africa Regional Office based in Nairobi with regular travel to the field.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to Save the Children country programmes in the Horn of Africa on specific humanitarian advocacy issues, including South Sudan.
The main focus of this job will be on Horn of Africa humanitarian advocacy issues, looking at children’s rights, and supporting completion and implementation of the Advocacy Strategy as part of the Regional Response Strategy.
- University degree in a field relevant to humanitarian advocacy and/or communications.
- Experience in research, writing and dissemination of key advocacy messages in the African context. This experience should include building key coalitions and networks.
- Significant experience in working with civil society, NGOs, government officials, donors, media and public stakeholders to effectuate change, particularly on issues related to children.
- Minimum three years of experience of working in policy and advocacy.
- Experience of working in the development and/or humanitarian sector, including proven advocacy success.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills in order to understand the range and content of the political, cultural and humanitarian landscape in both emergency and development programmes.
- Ability to work with children and affected individuals and groups.
- Must be a Kenyan national.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/jobs for more information and to submit your application no later than 6th February 2012.
Save the Children (UK) recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal employment opportunities and the protection of children from abuse.