Save the Children Social Behaviour Change Officer (Re-Advertisement) Job 2022
Career Kenya: Save the Children Social Behaviour Change Officer (Re-Advertisement) Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Social Behaviour Change Officer Job, Current NGO Jobs Kenya,
ADVERTISEMENT: SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR CHANGE (SBC) OFFICER-READVERTISEMENT
The SBC Officer will implement Health, Nutrition and adolescent sexual reproductive health (ASRH) SBC related interventions in Turkana. The SBC Officer will support in the designing of the overall SBC strategy and integrated umbrella campaign. S/he will ensure that all SBC activities support the achievement of health & nutrition targets in the project sites. The position will be responsible for the timely implementation of all SBC related activities based on state of the art SBC practices and capture lessons learned. The SBC officer will also take a leading role in coordination with all project staff and partners in the consortium to adhere to the SBC strategy and approach in their respective Counties. S/he will work closely with project technical and management staff to generate stakeholder inputs, support in development of implementation plans and suitable knowledge management and measurement.
NAWIRI is a 5 year U.S. Government (USAID and Food For Peace) funded project designed to tackle persistent acute malnutrition rates in northern Kenya. The project is co-created, co-implemented, and co-measured to address problems and solve them at the county level. Save the Children is a member of the Mercy Corps-led consortium and will be implementing in Samburu and Turkana counties.
Key Areas of Accountability
Technical assistance and capacity building
- The SBC Officer will implement the SBC approach, support branding campaign platforms and work with all purpose leaders (Governances, health & nutrition, WASH and Livelihoods) to ensure they are using state-of-the-art SBC approaches linked to the overall strategy and work with them to support the development of SBC content and implementation (i.e. trigger videos, forum theatre, experiential fairs, radio diaries and other participatory approaches) as appropriate.
- Support in provision of state of the art and evidence based technical inputs and guide priority setting for the research agenda and activities in collaboration with the SBC Advisor and other technical teams.
- Support in designing strategy and umbrella campaign with stakeholder input and audience testing
- Support in actively identifying direct technical inputs from all technical areas to ensure effective support for their targets; coordinate project SBC activities and provide direct technical support to other technical counterparts as needed.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with government ministries, and other stakeholders for the smooth implementation of program activities in their assigned County
- Coordinate monitoring of SBC activities with other staff according to the M&E framework and assess if targets are achieved and document results in their assigned County.
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of all SBC content for reports and meet all reporting requirements.
Representation and advocacy
- Represent NAWIRI in relevant internal and external fora as required.
- Represent Save the Children in relevant internal and external fora as appropriate
- Work closely with the Health and Nutrition team and any other project and operations teams in advocating for the survival of the child in line with the Country Strategic Plan and global strategy of Save the Children
- Work with consortium members to further Save the Children’s mission for children
Capacity Building, Mentorship and development
- Lead and motivate the community own resource persons (e.g. CHVs) to ensure effective project implementation.
- Work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs)/Sub grantees (e.g. Local implementing partners, community based organizations (CBOs), Faith based Organizations(FBOs) to define expectations, provide leadership and support as needed, and evaluate performance regularly
- Capacity built the CSOs, CBOs, FBOS, Community own resource persons to ensure they have the requisite skills and knowledge to be able to implement projects as required.
Assessment, monitoring, evaluation and documentation
- Participate in the annual work planning process in close collaboration with USAID, MOH and County health teams and the project staff
- Prepare narrative reports for the donor(s) and Save the Children as required, ensuring these are of a high quality and submitted for review in a timely manner. This will involve compilation of information from a range of project staff and MoH partners
- Monitor program outputs and results and work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research team to ensure that results are documented and reported accurately and in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research team and ensure that all monitoring plans, baselines, reviews and evaluations are in line with the project design and donor guidelines and are being implemented as required.
- Facilitate appropriate dissemination of research findings and good practices documentations in the project internally and externally to donors, governments, consortium partners and other key actors for immediate and sustainable development of children in Kenya
- Escalate complaints and feedback of a serious nature to field manager/Technical Head and child safeguarding focal point.
- Serve as a technical knowledge, skills and experience hub for the sector in your County in documenting and sharing best practices and innovations for replication and advocacy together with quality programme team.
- Work with technical resources among Save the Children members to facilitate sharing and learning in child survival and nutrition good practices and leverage their support for strengthening related studies, assessments, innovations, advocacy and capacity building in favour of children in Kenya
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Turkana
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field
- Experience implementing SBC, ASRH, health promotion, social marketing, child health, nutrition or similar programs in Kenya. Knowledge of and ability to implement using the Human Centred Design would be an advantage as experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in health communication, public health promotion, health or behavioural sciences, or related field and demonstrated experience in community-based and inter-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implemented effective behaviour change campaigns, including community engagement and experiential activities in Kenya; prior experience working in Northern Kenya highly desired
- Demonstrated abilities and experience in SBC strategy and materials development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of SBC interventions.
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
- Familiarity and understanding of USAID & FFP policies and procedures, or those of other donors, or those of donor-funded projects or community-based projects;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills including participatory approaches, influencing and negotiation.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Outstanding report writing skills
- Experience implementing the HCD approach will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communication skills is required
- Qualified native candidates from Turkana County are encouraged to apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date: 7 Aug 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.