Schneider Electric Business Development Manager (Eco–Building) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Schneider Electric Business Development Manager (Eco–Building) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Eco–Building)
Industry: A Multinational company in Energy & Automation
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Building Business Unit for a Business Development Manager, Eco – Building.
The role will be based out of our Nairobi office but with travel and site work potentially taking up a large part of the role.
The Eco-Building Business Development Manager will report to the Sales Director, East Africa; Building Segment.
Define, develop and manage the offer strategy for Eco Building business unit in the East Africa region
1. Get a clear and updated understanding of the Offer’s environment:
- Evaluate periodically the market & the competition landscape.
- Identify the trends impacting the market.
- Feed the Annual sales & Marketing Plan.
- Meet end users and channels in their day to day lives.
2. Get a clear and updated understanding of our Offers’ performance:
- Monitor our business (turnover, volume, profitability, market shares …….)
- Review the offers’ quality level & contribute to global quality improvement
3. Define and manage the marketing mix of the offer:
- Define with the LOB the offer road-map evolution according to the gaps in: Features, quality, availability….
- Ensure compliance with standards, profitability targets, quality.
- Manage and up-date all data (new ref, OPS, O2….)
- Optimize stock keeping.
Price (Cost / Value):
- Define and release the discount matrix.
- Set, Monitor & review price positioning
- Continually monitor and review strategic references and delta prices.
Place (End Users & Channels):
- Work with all Channel Managers to maximize availability of the Offer through all available channels.
- Constantly evaluate the effectiveness of the existing channels and scan the marketplace for new channels (E-Commerce, consumer retail…..)
- Work with end user and specifier teams to secure specification.
- Define and up-date the killer phrases, USP’s, Value Propositions.
- Co-work with the communication team to up-date strategies, tools, promotions, messages…
4. Support Operational Marketing in the growth action deployment:
- Define and realise all material for sales and promotions (documentation, training, content, …)
- Manage the global commercial forecast (SIOP process)
- Give all required support for key equipment and solutions tenders.
5. Optimize stock keeping (O² process):
6. Specific Processes
- PEP: Product Evolution Process
- PWP: Product Withdrawable Process
- Pricing: Price Management Process
- O²: Offer Optimization Process
- Relevant technical qualification, Electrical engineering preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the East African market, especially EMS and Building Management Systems (BMS)
- 5 years’ experience in channel and end-user market segment sales
- 5 years’ experience in Building Management Systems
- Knowledge of business operations and process operations.
- Access software knowledge (pivot file).
- Knowledge of CRM databases, Network, Windows, etc.
- Knowledge of Schneider Electric Business (customers, products, etc.) is advantageous.
How to Apply
About us: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.