SHOFCO PI Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: SHOFCO PI Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty
SHOFCO is a Kenyan registered Charity Organization with its Headquarters in Gatwekera-Kibera and other offices in New York, Mathare Slum, Mukuru Slum and Bangladesh with a plan to move to other slums in Kenya with a VISION of “Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty”.
It is a grassroots movement that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls.
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Teach: English, Science & CRE
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- P1 or Diploma in Education
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years working experience
- Preference to upper school lady teachers
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for.
Shortlisting will be done on a roll out basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: SHOFCO does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. We therefore advise the general public to exercise due diligence when applying for employment.
SHOFCO is an equal opportunity employer and employment is subject to Child Protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.