Software Developer at Unigroup Transporters
Career Kenya: Software Developer at Unigroup Transporters
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The primary function of this position is to support technology projects by maintaining and developing modules for new and existing systems. The Developer is expected to design and develop modules to meet the organizational and customer needs.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Developer will work to:
- Collect and document system requirements for information system and modules to be developed.
- Deploy, maintain, and administer the system implementations including assigning rights to users, maintaining backups and other systems function.
- Testing developed systems and modules.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, including writing tests and test cases.
- Based on agreed specifications, design, develop and maintain the systems data entry modules reports, dashboards and BI visualizations.
- Develop training materials, user manuals and train users on system modules and functionalities developed, in addition to conducting pre and post training assessments to gauge the effectiveness of the trainings.
- Work with existing team members including those in other software development projects as required, to determine the appropriate frameworks, tools, and technologies to be used in new and existing systems. This may include database and information system, taking context of existing capacity, and other guiding principles (e.g., open-source technologies) into account.
- Designing database structure including relational and no-sql databases
- Work with various data sources including web services, API, excel and csv etc.
- Any other duties assigned related to this job description.
- A Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or software engineering with a focus on software development or equivalent degree with at least five years of experience in software development
- Demonstrable experience in working with databases e.g., MySQL, PSQL and MSSQL, including writing SQL queries.
- Should have Unix/Linux background and needs to be comfortable writing Unix/Linux scripts.
- Experience in developing databases, and reports.
- Working experience with software development and maintenance tools like Git, Restful APIs, Web services, Agile methodology, Jasper server.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics and visualizations utilizing Microsoft Excel, Power BI, STATA, Tableau, GIS
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Current CV with names and telephone numbers for three referees
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with the following subject Developer Position.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.