SportPesa Network & Security Administrator Job 2022
Career Kenya: SportPesa Network & Security Administrator Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Network & Security Administrator Job, IT Jobs In Kenya 2022,
JOB TITLE: NETWORK & SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR
The Network and Security Administrator is responsible for overseeing the organization’s networks to ensure proper maintenance and security. Their duties include working with other IT staff and company employees to identify network or computer system needs, overseeing the installation of new hardware or software and using employee feedback to isolate issues. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The job duties will also involve creating or updating security infrastructure and continually monitoring networks for unauthorized access or suspicious activities.
- Scheduling and executing Preventive Maintenance of the Network Infrastructure
- Ensure 99.99% availability of the Network Infrastructure
- Serve as a Level 1 escalation for all Network incidents
- Serve as part of Resolution Team for Network Incidents
- Ensure Network documentation is updated
- Manage Network Inventory and spares
- Manage Configuration of all Network equipment (backup configuration and application of standardized configuration templates to Network equipment)
- Liaise with Service Providers to ensure agreed SLAs are maintained 100%
- Continuous training to keep abreast with Network technologies
- Liaise with the ITSM/Service Delivery manager to manage projects and IT&S processes and procedures.
- Ensure Network licenses are valid and initiate acquisition of the same before expiry
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF, BGP, Switching.
- Experience in Cisco Nexus switches, Juniper QFX, High Performance Routers (Cisco ASR1k etc), Advanced BGP configuration, Firewall hardening with Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewalls, Network Access Control and Traffic Engineering.
- Deep working knowledge of Site-to-Site IPSec & Remote Access VPNs (IKEv1 & IKEv2)
- Deep working knowledge of Checkpoint and FortiGate Firewalls (Administration and Troubleshooting)
- Advanced Switching knowhow – VLANS, STP, VTPv2, VTPv3, VTP pruning, Configure and verify Ether Channels, Configure and verify spanning tree, chassis virtualization and aggregation technologies
- Configure and verify switch security features, device security using AAA with TACACS+ and RADIUS
- Telco / Service Provider experience is an advantage
- 4-6 years’ experience managing a large Network of at least 50 nodes
- Strong troubleshooting skills is key
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunication or related degree
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver projects and IT services
- Must be time flexible
- Mandatory Requirements:
- Cisco CCNP Enterprise certification
- Check Point CCSA/CCSE Certification
- Fortinet NSE 4 Enterprise Firewall
- Juniper JNCIA certification
- Any other network vendor certification will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your application letter and CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (NETWORK & SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR) to email@example.com by 21st August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.