Sports Betting Company General Manager (Operations) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Sports Betting Company General Manager (Operations) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our client, a Sports Betting Company based in Nairobi seeks to hire a General Manager – Operations who shall ensure the smooth running of the daily business operations through continuous improvement of the Company’s products and services quality standards, systems, policies, processes and driving strict adherence by all stakeholders.
Position Title: General Manager – Operations
Reports to: Country Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policies Development & alignment with the business Strategy -Developing and reviewing operational policies, quality standards & processes that are aligned to the business strategy and that ensure efficiency and excellent service delivery.
- Operations and Logistics Management: Overseeing provision of on the ground support during events.
- Quality Control: Overseeing, developing and monitoring existing products for continuously improving the systems
- Budgeting & Forecasting – Forecasting operational requirements; overseeing the creation of budgets within the department and monitor the expenditures to ensure right spending;
- Procurement & Supplies- Managing 3rd party vendors, suppliers and stakeholder relationships for products and services utilized within the operations department
- Overseeing the management of all Company retail outlets and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies.
- Customer service Management – oversees the performance of the customer service team
- HR & team leadership -Working with the HR team to recruit identified roles; Oversee the management of staff within the department and maintain strict discipline and good performance; train, mentor and motivate the team to achieve desired productivity and recommend initiatives that promote staff engagement.
- Compliance and Risk Management -Proactively assessing the operating environment and alerting the legal team of any regulatory and business related risks or issues which they encounter with the customer’s operation or service.
- Market research and benchmarking -Continuously scanning the business operating environment to establish best practice and provide out of the box insights and recommendations to the Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field. Master’s degree in business management or any related discipline from a reputable institution is an added advantage.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with 5+ years’ experience in team management and development in a customer facing support role.
- General interest in sports betting.
- An appreciation of working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Great communicator who is able to easily communicate complex concepts.
- Result oriented individual with great leadership skills and team playing abilities.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘General Manager – Operations on the email subject not later than 22nd January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any fee.