Study Roving Nurse Job in Homabay & Siaya County 2021
Career Kenya: Study Roving Nurse Job in Homabay & Siaya County 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Study Roving Nurse
(1 Post To Be Located In Homabay & Siaya County)
Job Purpose: The study nurse will be responsible for recruiting and enrolling participants into the study in the selected facilities in Homabay & Siaya County.
He/she will directly report to the assistant study coordinator.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Screening, recruiting and enrolling participants to the study.
- Counselling the study participant on pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Identifying prior study participants to be enrolled in the extension study.
- Collect data per approved Standard Operating Procedures and input into Android tablet system (RedCap)
- Conduct rapid HIV testing for study participants.
- Counsel women on HIV and prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission
- Collecting, preparing, and storing samples from study participants.
- Physical and neurocognitive assessment of infants
- Preparing study participants for DEXA Scan procedures
- Submit twice-weekly summaries of recruitment and enrollment into the study to the study coordinator.
- Participate in twice-weekly phone call with PI and rest of study staff.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have a Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery (KRN/M) or Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing(KRCHN)
- At least one year experience post-internship
- Excellent computer skills (Attach computer training certificate)
- Past research experience
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate to the study participants well and with PI via email and Zoom
- Excellent skills with mobile technology
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Luo
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
Applications must include the following:
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Download and complete our online application form.
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
- Practicing license
If qualified for the above post, please send the above documents to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June 2021.