Tech Lead – McKinsey Digital at McKinsey & Company 2020
Career Kenya: Tech Lead – McKinsey Digital at McKinsey & Company 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
- Undergraduate or masters degree; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development, including leading a team and a project work stream
- Strong hands on knowledge of Java and related frameworks, J2EE and springboot
- Working knowledge of Dev-Ops tooling pipeline
- Practical experience of setting up micro-services based architectures, preferably in financial services and telco space
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willing to travel up to 80%
- Fluent in English; additional language fluency is a plus
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work in our Nairobi and be part of McKinsey Digital. This group brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You’ll Do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
You will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams to ensuring that we stay on the leading edge of technology. You will also be responsible for leading multiple development teams while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
You are a flexible and adaptive tech lead, who effectively communicates across a broad range of stakeholder groups from engineers to business users, as well as effectively leads a project workstream.