Tech Product Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Tech Product Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Vacant Position: Tech Product Manager
Industry: Financial Services
Our Client is an intuitive, integrated financial services platform that features products and functionalities currently only available as stand-alone offerings, providing a one stop financial supermarket for end consumers.
Founded in 2014, they aim to demolish the barriers to financial inclusion for Africa’s underserved consumers and informal economy.
Today over 300,000 individuals and organizations are enjoying the convenience and variety of their all-in-one platform to borrow, insure, bank and pay bills.
Job Purpose: This is a cross-functional area where you will be responsible for coordinating the business, product(s) and technical elements of building our tech product(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- You are the product owner. You define the what, the why, the when and the how.
- You develop a deep understanding of your customers. You are obsessed with measuring and quantifying the impact of your product on the customers and the business. You strongly advocate for your customers/users.
- You understand the long-term vision of the product(s) viz a viz user behaviour and preferences. You drive a product from inception-to-launch collaborating with business to prioritize launch features.
- You define the value-proposition of your product. You define success metrics to design and improve your products. You conduct quantitative analysis to strategically identify viable options for prioritization and recommend best path forward.
- You will define the requirements and partner with business and developers to develop the UX (via flows, sketches, mock-ups and prototypes).
- You lead the planning for your product, gain consensus, and set priorities. You develop, refine, & manage the roadmap.
- You collaborate with relevant teams (business owners, design, tech, partner teams etc.) to iteratively build, ship, review, iterate then ship again.
- You collaborate at all levels in the org (Execs, consultants, PMs, data scientists, merchants, vendors) to establish commitment, trust, and business case for resource prioritization for your product(s).
Education and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Project Management, or equivalent.
- Project Management certification(s); Project Management Professional preferred.
- Experience in defining and launching high-traffic, consumer-facing Apps and platforms.
- 3 years or more direct work experience in a similar role.
- Strong familiarity with modern project management software and issue tracking software such as ASANA, JIRA, Redmine and Microsoft Project.
- Technical IT Background is an added advantage.
- Position Competencies, Skills, Personality & Knowledge
- You display incredible ownership, great energy and initiative in solving problems.
- You are not afraid to ask questions and seek clarity. You listen. You are a lifelong learner.
- You bring a can-do approach. You take time to understand the issues (said, unsaid), propose solutions, and take ownership through resolution.
- You embrace change. You can switch from complex to routine as required, all within the day.
- You are adept at dealing with ambiguity at speed. You are self-directed and trusted to execute with a sense of urgency across products and teams.
- You are friends with data and metrics. You use quantitative analysis to improve the quality of decisions.
- You are a skilled communicator using different media (verbal, written, visual) to effectively present complex information to varying groups across the business for maximum effectiveness.
- You evangelize your ideas, vision, and roadmap.
- You are well-versed with the industry landscape (competitors, new products, new developments, new policies that may affect the product(s) etc.)
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2020.
N.B. Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for placement