Technical Engagement Specialist at ICANN 2019
Career Kenya: Technical Engagement Specialist at ICANN 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Technical Engagement Specialist at ICANN
- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 21 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICANN
ICANN is a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with participants from all over the world dedicated to keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable. It promotes competition and develops policy on the Internet’s unique identifiers. Through its coordination role of the Internet’s naming system, it does have an important impact on the expansion and evolution of the Internet.
Reporting to the Vice President for Technical Engagement, the successful candidate will support Technical Engagement activities at a regional level in coordination with other regional engagement functions of ICANN, particularly the Global Stakeholder Engagement and Government Engagement teams. While working closely with the entire CTO’s Office team, this role implies an active involvement in delivery of technical training and capacity building program across the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
- Relay and support Technical Engagement opportunities in the MEA region in coordination with Regional Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) and Government Engagement (GE) teams.
- Promote the Security, Stability and Resiliency best practices for the Internet’s systems of unique identifiers in the region.
- Coordinate, plan and deliver training and capacity building programs across the region in line with the regional engagement strategy.
- Monitor published technical documents, blogs, social media postings, etc., and relay relevant and significant content to the regional community.
- Contribute to processes for consulting and collecting inputs from internal and external technical stakeholders at the regional level. This includes contributing to regional strategy development processes.
- Maintain all necessary equipment and materials relevant to an effective delivery and measurement of training and capacity building activities.
- Liaise with regional Communications, Global Stakeholders Engagement (GSE) and Government Engagement (GE) teams to identify capacity building needs and effectively communicate key ICANN technical messages.
- Follow-up on execution of technical cooperation agreements with partner organizations or third parties.
- Monitor regional technical events calendars and identify events where ICANN technical mission/work can be promoted, and coordinate with Speaker Bureau to secure participation as appropriate.
- Contribute to the regular and consolidated Technical Engagement reporting process.
- Relay technical topics that need close attention and/or a formal position from ICANN to Vice President for Technical Engagement.
- Support any other activities as identified by the Vice President for Technical Engagement.
- Study publications, periodicals, mailing lists, and other news sources to stay informed of relevant changes in the Internet industry and apply that knowledge to work.
- Ensure the production of a report after every training event within four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the event.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent understanding of the Internet Protocol (IPv4 & IPv6) technology and associated services such as DNS, DNSSEC, WHOIS, and other relevant protocols and technologies.
- Be a seasoned facilitator and trainer capable of imparting knowledge and skills to meet ICANN technical capacity building objectives.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, particularly those related to the operation of the Internet.
- Good understanding of ICANN’s technical ecosystem.
- General understanding of the Internet Governance ecosystem.
- Sound judgment, diplomatic skills, and tact when interacting with various stakeholders.
- General project management skills including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills, including the ability to work and interact in a highly diverse, multi-cultural, and globally distributed team.
- Ability to remotely coordinate project/work with team members using online tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and sometimes controversial information, concepts, policies or positions, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Apps services.
- English language fluency (writing and speaking).
- Fluency in a second MEA language is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Ability to travel extensively within the region and internationally.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years working experience in technology driven organization.
- A minimum of 3 years operational experience in Internet services delivery.
- Experience in delivering technical trainings.
- Prior international experience is strongly preferred along with working for a Community driven Organization
- Experience within an Internet Technical Coordination organization strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified? Go to ICANN career website on cho.tbe.taleo.net to apply
- Know more about ICANNSimilar Jobs
- Field Officers at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
- Research Associate (N5) at International Potato Center
- Project Implementation Manager at East African Social Ventures (EASV)
- Strategy Manager at Energy 4 Impact
- Head, Generation Africa at African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- IT Assistant at PATH
- Finance Intern at Christian Aid
- Quality Assurance Manager at Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS)