Tenwek Hospital Pharmaceutical Technologist Job 2022
Career Kenya: Tenwek Hospital Pharmaceutical Technologist Job 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Pharmaceutical Technologist Job, Current Pharmaceutical Jobs Kenya 2022,
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmaceutical Technologist job exists to provide pharmaceutical services to patients and provide pharmacy and pharmaceutical support services at Tenwek Hospital.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Dispense medications and monitor patient health and progress to maximize their response to the medication in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Provide expertise about the composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties and their manufacture and use in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Ensure drug purity and strength and make sure that drugs do not interact in a harmful way in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Receive and process patients’ prescription correctly and accurately for both in/outpatients in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Give accurate drug information to patients, wards and other user departments in the hospital.
- Constitute, restructure, prepare and label extemporaneous preparations for in/outpatients in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in drug stocking and stock taking drug in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and ensuring compliance with the short Expiry Drug Policy in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in chemotherapy dispensing and reconstitution in strict accordance with Cytoxic Handling Policy in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in planning for all medicines and other medical material needs of the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Support the pharmacist in charge in proper medical warehousing applying the appropriate principles in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Dispense medicines to patients and explain to them on how to use, in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Document and file drug related information such as prescription as required by the pharmaceutical policies and practices in the hospital.
- Support the pharmacist in charge in collecting, recording and analyzing data related to drug dispensing use in the pharmacy in the hospital.
- Perform any other duty given from time to time.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Diploma in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Must have a valid practice license
- At least one year as a Pharmaceutical Technologist in a reputable hospital.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th August 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with Tenwek Hospital. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.