Tour Consultant Job opportunity today in Kenya
Reporting to: Tour Consultant Manager
We are a medium sized tours and travel company based in Nairobi specializing in cab services, air ticketing, hotel & camp bookings, corporate events hires, weddings convoys & outrider hires and executive Limousines transfers.
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking to recruit experienced and result oriented individual to fill the below position in our fast growing organization.
The tour consultant will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service, organizing tour packages, manning a guest relation desk at one of the 5* hotels in Nairobi and ensuring that travel arrangements for tourists run as smoothly and enjoyably as possible.
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to tourists staying at the hotel
- Responding to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within shortest time possible
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest as per client request
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound and ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale.
- Also ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties
- Filing- rates files, client tour files and ensuring the same are done in a timely and orderly manner.
- Vehicles and drivers- Arranging to see vehicles before start of service to ensure quality and minimize customer complains, make sure vehicles have the company stickers and brief drivers before they depart for safari
- Ensure clients’ satisfaction, ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists, pre- arrange client special requests etc
- Being on standby ready to provide solutions in case of mishaps during safari
- Ensuring quotations are well drafted, competitive and are followed up on
- Excellent customer service skills and fluency in both written and spoken English
- Degree or a diploma in Tour operations or tourism management
- Over four years experience as Tour consultant in a busy environment
- Ability to use various tours/hotel bookings software
- Highly organized with excellent planning skills
- Be culturally aware and adept at working with people of different diversity.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide solutions to problems.
- Highly motivated and able to deal with high end clients with confidence
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should submit their application and detailed CV via E-mail to; firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly quoting the Position Title in the subject line.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the positions.
Deadline for receiving applications will be on 11/05/2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.