Unified Communication Engineer at M-Kopa Solar 2022
Career Kenya: Unified Communication Engineer at M-Kopa Solar 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Provides high-level of technical support to M-KOPA’s VOIP systems and subsystems, via phone, computer access, and in person.
The Unified Communications Engineer:
- Studies, designs, engineers, constructs, installs, and coordinates changes and upgrades of telecommunications equipment, cabling infrastructure and facilities.
- Will configure, administrate, design, install, and update VoIP, Voicemail, network and telecommunications cabling, and other M-KOPA telephony systems needs.
- Actively works to analyze voice telephony, networking equipment, and WIFI/WAN network to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications. with scalability in mind for all markets.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meeting with IT Management do determine the company’s networking needs.
- Analyzing existing VOIP networks and computer systems.
- Implementing disaster recovery procedures
- Developing architecture plans for voice and data services.
- Installing network hardware modules including IP and PABX communication servers.
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365, Azure and other cloud technologies
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Optimizing network installations for future expansion.
- Training staff on network and system protocols.
- Troubleshooting VOIP and network issues.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a VoIP network engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP systems and IP Protocols.
- Microsoft Infrastructure Experience (Azure, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of hardware systems including servers, memory modules, processors, and peripherals.
- Detailed knowledge of network security systems and software.
- Familiarity with WAN, LAN, IPsec and P2S,
- Familiarity with 3CX, Asterisk,MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.