University of Nairobi Research Jobs 2012
Centre for Hiv Prevention And Research
Site Coordinator, Central Province – MARPS Project- 1 Postad/2/73/12- (CHS)
- Candidates must have a B,Sc. Degree in Nursing
- They must be Computer proficient
- They must have at least three years in a similar position
- In addition candidates must demonstrate knowledgeable in STI/HIV/AIDS issues
- Responsible, in conjunction with the program coordinator and project doctor for the day to day management of the clinics
- Support the site mobilization activities, community engagement issues and overall staff performance evaluation
- Draw and maintain a duty roster that encompasses extended working roles to the extent possible and keeping track of the set targets
- Scheduling the sharing of best practices with partners and stakeholders on site
- Quality assurance: data capture and maintenance of clean source documents and supervision
- Ensure availability and proper use of supplies at the site
- Ensure proper use of resources: financial, human and transportation and other assets
Please note that the appointment is on a one year contract term renewable on mutual
Institute Of Tropical & Infectious Dieases(UNITID)
Field Study Coordinator (Based In Nyando District) – Hapi Study,Unitid- 1 POST-AD/2/74/12-(CHS)
Applicants should be holders of at least a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Sciences or its
equivalent. They must have at least three (3) years relevant experience on HIV/AIDS issues. They must be computer proficient and show proof of good leadership, management and communication skills. They must have knowledge in Quantitative Research Methods. They should also be able to communicate effectively in Luo language.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:-
- Supervision of field staff, ensuring appropriate data is collected and uploaded, leadership of field activities.
- Handling petty cash and making month reports of project activities and expenses.
- Ordering of supplies and ensuring appropriate custody.
- Ensuring study vehicle is in working order and overseeing its use.
- Liaising with relevant offices of the local administration, Ministry of Health and university of Nairobi to facilitate study administration and implementation among other duties.
Clinical Research Assistant- UNITID / University of Washington,Ganjoni- 1 Post- AD/2/75/12- (CHS)
- Applicants should be holders of at least a Kenya registered Community Health Nursing Diploma from a recognized institution.
- They must also have training and Certificate in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices.
- They must have at least two (2) years work experience in nursing.
- Those who have experience in conducting research with high risk populations, including counseling and collection of clinical specimen will be preferred;
- Those with a Certificate of training in Clinical management of HIV will have an added advantage.
College of Health Sciences,
P.O Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
Only Shortlisted Applicants Will Be Contacted.
Closing Date: Friday, 9th March 2012.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here