Water and Sanitation Development Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: Water and Sanitation Development Manager Job in Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Exciting Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading Water and Sanitation provider within the Nairobi Metropolitan region.
To consolidate growth, serve Customers better and meet its mandate, it seeks to recruit competent and result oriented Professionals to be part of its technical services team.
Job title: Development Manager
Job Ref: ESQ/DM/01421
Reports to: Chief Manager – Technical Services
No of Positions: (1) one
Job Purpose: The Development Manager will be in charge of the engineering development and improvement of water distribution systems, wastewater systems and building structures to improve water supply and sanitation.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
The main duties are as follows:
- Overall in charge of Development for both internally and externally funded projects.
- Design of water and sewerage works improvements.
- Prepare contract documents/project reports i.e. BOQ’S specifications, drawings implementation and supervision.
- Liaise with donors on project funding.
- Supervise construction of internal works.
- Prepare engineering proposals, terms of reference (TOR) for EOIs and RFPs.
- Supervise survey work, easement and way leave issues.
- Oversee maintenance and renovations of buildings and structures.
- Preparation of respective monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Lead GIS mapping for effective updating and analysis of above and below ground assets.
- Ensure appropriate design and execution of extension works through definition of works and supervision procedures.
- Survey the network for acquiring reliable knowledge of the water supply status.
- Define and monitor an equitable rationing programme;
- Forecast the evolution of the Water Demand components;
- Monitor and survey leakages and define leakage reduction strategy including economic perspectives.
- Monitor the Bulk and District Meters condition and flow measurement results and
- Perform any other tasks as required by the management from time to time.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- A holder of B.Sc Civil Engineering degree or equivalent from a reputable and accredited University.
- At-least 7 years relevant experience in the water & sanitation, civil works or construction sector.
- Should be a member of an engineering professional body.
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD, GIS and hydraulic design software and excellent computer use skills (MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
- Possession of good leadership and communication skills.
- Should be team player with good communication and IT skills.
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication.
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have knowledge and proficiency in use of MS office packages.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must provide evidence of compliance to Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution requirements for integrity by providing the following documents.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of good Conduct) from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Clearance (EACC).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the Water and Sanitation sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Application Procedure Notes:
- Due to the prevailing Covid -19 pandemic which requires minimum physical contact, only soft copy applications will be accepted.
- Indicate the Job Title and Reference Number in your subject line
- Kindly indicate current and expected salary as in your application subject line or CV.
- Attach copies of your certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is by end day Thursday, 29th April 2021.
- Applications received after close of the deadline will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.