Water and Sanitation Mechatronic Engineer Job in Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: Water and Sanitation Mechatronic Engineer Job in Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Exciting Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading Water and Sanitation provider within the Nairobi Metropolitan region.
To consolidate growth, serve Customers better and meet its mandate, it seeks to recruit competent and result oriented Professionals to be part of its technical services team.
Job Title: Mechatronic Engineer
Job Ref: ESQ/ME/01421
Reports to: Chief Manager – Technical Services
No of Positions: (1) One
Job Purpose: The Mechatronic Engineer will lead the implementation of mechanical, electrical and Instrumentation projects and troubleshooting electronics related faults on instruments, machines and equipment
Key Duties and Accountabilities
The main duties are as follows:
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the policies processes and procedures achieve the institutions objectives.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance of the Integrated Management System (Quality, EMS, OHS) and regulatory standards.
- Design and implement an advanced electronic control system for mechanical systems.
- Analyze existing engineering and production procedures and suggest improvements.
- Assist in designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Design, develop or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair company equipment and related systems, which includes pumping & power generating equipment, pressure, level and flow measuring equipment (AMR meters/smart meters).
- Read and interpret a variety of technical manuals, charts, schematics, blueprints and gauges to troubleshoot equipment.
- Use, operate and maintain electronic test equipment, computer hardware and software associated with the testing and adjusting of equipment.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems or system components to maximize efficiency of production.
- Planning and monitoring respective technical projects by preparing budgets, cash flows and time schedules to ensure no cost overrun.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs and upgrade the design of such devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Ensure the proper communication and coordination between the Electrical Team, Maintenance and Production Teams in different departments.
- Provide consultation and guidance on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Benchmarking and Implementing best practices in respective areas of work and
- Perform any other tasks as required by the management from time to time.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- A holder of a Degree in Mechatronic/Instrumentation Engineer or equivalent from a reputable and accredited University.
- At-least 5 years relevant experience in a busy environment.
- Should be a member of a professional body.
- Knowledgeable in SCADA and PLC systems.
- Possession of Leadership, Engineering, Analytical and Employee Relation Skills.
In addition to the above requirements, candidates must provide evidence of compliance to Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution requirements for integrity by providing the following documents.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of good Conduct) from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Clearance (EACC).
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the Water and Sanitation sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Application Procedure Notes:
- Due to the prevailing Covid -19 pandemic which requires minimum physical contact, only soft copy applications will be accepted.
- Indicate the Job Title and Reference Number in your subject line
- Kindly indicate current and expected salary as in your application subject line or CV.
- Attach copies of your certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is by end day Thursday, 29th April 2021.
- Applications received after close of the deadline will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.