WFP Programme Associate (Learning and Accountability) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2022
Career Kenya: WFP Programme Associate (Learning and Accountability) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Programme Associate (Learning and Accountability)
Job Advertisement No. 036/2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP in Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
Job title: Programme Associate (Learning and Accountability)
Contract type/grade: Fixed-Term, G6
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract duration: 12 months (Renewable)
Date of issue: 04th May 2022
Closing date: 17th May 2022
What will you do?
- Prepare meetings between PMLE team members and management, relevant units and area/field offices to follow up on findings and issues identified through the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) and M&E activities.
- Conduct data quality checks (compile and validate data) to ensure accuracy and reliability of the final reports.
- Support to ensure that cases and issues identified through field monitoring and WFP hotlines are properly revised, recorded and followed-up through the case management system (CRM)
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis and highlight trends of cases/issues in CFM ensuring
deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Follow-up and document the improvements and solutions implemented to ensure the issues are
addressed and adequate corrective actions are taken as per WFP country office compliance
guideline. Ensure these improvements and solutions are submitted in adequate systems.
- Support the coordination on Country Strategic Plan (CSP) mid-term reviews and other thematic
reviews exercises intended for internal learning, strategic and operational decision-making.
- Support with the logistics of visits/calls, the information collection and sharing for any centralised
evaluation managed by the office of evaluation in CO Somalia, and joined UNSDCF evaluations.
- Support Development of innovative and user-friendly information products from monitoring, review & evaluation findings (reports, dashboards, presentations)
- Support with donor information requirements on monitoring and evaluation (reporting
requirements, request for information)
- Support with providing donor third party monitoring information as required on a periodic basis
(e.g. IBTCI,MESH) and coordinate with Area and Field offices colleagues on sites for monitoring at
field level. Provide overview of activity implementation plans, beneficiary lists for sampling, etc.
- Support with organising learning events through workshops, meetings, learning sessions and
- Other relevant duties requested by line manager.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area
- 5 years of Experience including at least 3 years in supporting effective analysis and reporting.
- Experience in cleaning, categorizing and selecting effectively an important volume of data to easy up the development of reports
Are you competent for this job?
Do you have
- Self-driven, well organized, can manage an important workload
- Enjoys working with data advanced knowledge of excel, descriptive statistics for data analysis and
reporting, experience in query building using SQL (PostgreSQL or MS Access) and data integration
- Creative problem solver, flexible and constructive approach to overcome challenges
- Effective team player; strong communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and in Tableau
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the link below:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
This position is open to all qualified candidates.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.