YWCA Project Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: YWCA Project Officer Job in Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) – Kenya is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization wishes invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions within their establishment.
Job Title: Project Officer
Positions: One (1)
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Head Office
Main Purpose of The Job: To implement the Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA’s) strategic plan within the assigned thematic area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional support to the Project Coordinator in developing annual work plans and monitoring their execution against the project baseline, including activities, deliverables, schedule, and associated costs, and ensure achievement.
- Initiate and participate in developing, implementing and evaluating operational management plans, budgets and business process improvement programs aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare technical and financial reports in consultation with Finance and project team members for timely reporting to Management and donors.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Project, Communication and Administrative Teams.
Support in knowledge product development
- Prepare necessary documentation and execute project sub-agreements, memoranda of understanding, consultancies, ensuring full compliance to establish institutional policies and processes, monitor their implementation, and ensure smooth closure of contracts.
- Contribute towards management of stakeholder expectations; tracking and monitoring of project deliverables, including monitoring of the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project work plans.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient tools for project tracking to monitor and report on all activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Carry out any other duties to reinforce effective and efficient project administration.
- Attend periodic internal meetings and represent YWCA as appropriately delegated, at external meetings.
- Analyze reports, draw conclusions and make presentations that will result in effective decision-making.
- Identify and act to mitigate potential risks within own work area.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Specification and Other Information Related To The Job
Level of Education/Academic qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university or its equivalent
Other Competencies/abilities/skills required.
- Project Management skills
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Grants management skills
- Design and delivery of capacity development methodologies skills
- Fundraising skills
- Computer skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Report writing skills
Relevant Job experience
- At least Three (3) years post qualification in social science related work in recognized organisations.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates who uphold Christian values should visit www.ywcakenya.org for job specifications.
The positions are contractual and interested candidates should send their application, CV, professional and academic certificates on PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title and availability by close of business on 31st May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the positions will be filled pending project approval and client funding.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: The Public is advised that YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.